From the time you contact us to the time your job is finished, our courteous staff will make sure your job is done right.
We start by meeting you onsite to evaluate your project needs. This allows us to assess the entire job and understand exactly what you want. We can also evaluate the condition of the project and determine if any additional prep work needs to be done, such as drywall repair or siding replacement.
We know most people are anxious to get their project started and therefore we will provide a free project estimate within 2 business days. If you aren’t ready to schedule yet, no worries, we provide a 60-day price guarantee on our estimates. We are here when you are ready so let us know when you’d like to get started and we will get your project scheduled.
On the starting day of the project, our Residential Repaint Supervisor will go over the job and any last minute questions with you. Next, our foreman and crew will take extra care to protect your home before starting your paint job…
For Indoor Projects…
- We will cover your tile and hard-wood floors with heavy-duty construction paper and your carpets are protected with construction grade plastic so your carpet and surfaces are in the same shape as they were before we got here.
- We clean surfaces for good tape adhesion to eliminate paint bleeding which provides clean transitions between surfaces.
- We will mask around light fixtures, remove light switch covers and wall plates, and cover windows and countertops with plastic so you won’t end up with paint in places you don’t want it.
- To ensure your project has a uniform look, we will perform minor drywall repairs and fill nail holes prior to painting. We will also caulk minor cracks in walls, trim, windowsills, ceilings, and the transitions from cabinets or countertops to the walls so you will have a clean, finished look once done.
For Outdoor Projects…
- We start by power washing the house and then letting it dry for 1-2 days. This ensures that moisture is not trapped under the paint causing it to bubble or peel.
- Next, we scape any loose paint and sand surfaces where necessary, which means the paint will adhere better and will have a smoother finish.
- We prime raw wood and areas where we don’t want any colors to bleed through. Priming provides extra protection and allows the top coat of paint to last longer.
- We protect your light fixtures by masking them off and will cover decks and concrete with canvas tarps. This means paint won’t end up on anything you don’t want it to.
- We pay special attention not to disrupt your landscaping or trample over your plants. We will cautiously tie up bushes and plants to keep them away from the home while painting. This helps avoid them sticking to your new paint job and prevents paint from getting on them. Once the paint is dry we will carefully release the plants so they do not get damaged.
Next our crew will get started painting your project. We will either brush and roll the project or use an airless paint sprayer, depending on the scope of the job. Rest assured, no matter what method we use, your paint job will look amazing. This is because our experienced staff always use high quality paint which gives the finished job a beautiful sheen and provides a uniform, even coat.
The Cheever Brothers Painting crews are friendly and helpful so feel free to ask questions while we work or talk to our crew about your project. If at any time you have any concerns, please call Matt, our Residential Repaint Supervisor, and he will be happy to help you.
Once the project is done we know you want to enjoy your new paint job right away and don’t want any messes left behind, so we ensure all materials are disposed of and trash is never left behind.
With your permission, we leave partial cans of paint for you which means you can do touch-up work without going to the store and have the paint codes / sample match for future reference.
Your satisfaction is our ultimate goal, so when finished with your project, we will walk the job with you to make sure you are happy. If after we leave you find something we missed, give us a call and we will come back and fix it!
Finally, we will email you an invoice that is due within seven days. While cash or check is preferred, we accept Visa and Mastercard payments too.